Preventing and Managing Workplace Stress
Who should attend the course?
Providing an environment that fosters good mental health is an essential component of running any successful business. This essential training is designed for supervisors, line managers and senior management – anyone who has responsibility or influence over how other people work.
The course is open to delegates from any industry who are interested in the effect that work can have on mental health and what the law requires employers to do in terms of preventing and managing workplace stress.
What will they get out of it?
By the end of the course, delegates will…
- Understand the definition of mental health and the scale of mental ill health issues in the UK
- Gain an overview of 2 key conditions – depression and anxiety
- Understand the mental/ physical/ organisational risks associated with workplace stress
- Gain an overview of the legal framework relevant to workplace stress and mental health in the workplace
- Understand the causes of stress
- Understand the HSE’s standards for preventing and managing workplace stress and how to implement these
- Devise clear, realistic improvements to be made in the workplace
Assessing Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to produce an action plan of realistic improvements to take back to work that will improve the mental health outcomes for their workforce and reduce risk to their business.
How to find us
From M25- exit at J12 (M3), follow M3 South until is splits into M27 East/ West and follow the M27 Westbound until Junction 3. Turn left at the roundabout and join the M271. At the end of the road, take the 1st exit on the roundabout to join the A33 Millbrook Road West. Move into the middle lane and continue over Redbridge Flyover. Once over, move into the inside lane. You will continue through a set of crossroads with traffic lights. After approx. 300 yards you will see a slip road for the Solent Business Centre, directly after the TA. Turn into this road, and carry along, past Sparshatts until you reach a blue building. The car park is through gates on your left at the side of the blue building.