Understanding CDM 2015
Who is the course designed for?
Everyone involved in construction projects including Clients (including domestic clients), Designers and Contractors. The changes to these Regulations are significant and so it is of vital importance that you are aware of your new duties under the law.
Many involved will have additional duties, particularly contractors working on smaller domestic projects, who may find themselves holding the duties of a Principal Contractor and designers who may find themselves appointed as Principal Designer.
What does this course cover?
- The purpose, origins and structure of the new Regulations
- Headline changes from CDM 2007 to CDM 2015
- Duties of the duty holders including the Client, Designers and the new role of Principal Designer, Principal Contractors and Contractors
- The principles of risk prevention in design and management
- General duties for competence, cooperation and consultation
- Changes for domestic projects
- New requirements for notification of projects to HSE
The course is designed to be interactive and will be presented in a workshop style utilising exercises and class participation to ensure that delegates leave feeling fully informed and with a good level of understanding.
Assessing Learning Outcomes
Delegates will be assessed throughout the day during the group exercises and will also need to pass a multiple choice test at the end of the day.
How to find us
From M25- exit at J12 (M3), follow M3 South until is splits into M27 East/ West and follow the M27 Westbound until Junction 3. Turn left at the roundabout and join the M271. At the end of the road, take the 1st exit on the roundabout to join the A33 Millbrook Road West. Move into the middle lane and continue over Redbridge Flyover. Once over, move into the inside lane. You will continue through a set of crossroads with traffic lights. After approx. 300 yards you will see a slip road for the Solent Business Centre, directly after the TA. Turn into this road, and carry along, past Sparshatts until you reach a blue building. The car park is through gates on your left at the side of the blue building.