NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Managing Stress at Work
Who should attend the course?
Providing an environment that fosters good mental health is an essential component of running any successful business. Mental ill health is the biggest cause of time off work in the UK.
This essential training is designed for supervisors, line managers and senior management – anyone who has responsibility or influence over how other people work.
The course is open to delegates from any industry who are interested in the effect that work can have on mental health and what the law requires employers to do in terms of preventing and managing workplace stress and gives companies the confidence that they are trained to HSE’s current approach to managing and controlling stress at work.
What will they get out of it?
By the end of the course, delegates will…
- understand the key principles of work-related stress and its relationship to mental ill health issues
- know how to recognise the causes and effects of workplace stress
- The 6 key areas of work design which can cause stress
- How to apply the HSE’s Management Standards approach to assess stress risks in the workplace
- How to develop suitable interventions to address stressors, reduce negative impacts, and manage the effects of stress in the workplace
- Ways to continually improve your organisation and create a great place to work
Assessing Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a multiple-choice questionnaire based on a realistic workplace scenario they are given to assess their understanding of the principles learnt throughout the course.
How to find us
From M25- exit at J12 (M3), follow M3 South until is splits into M27 East/ West and follow the M27 Westbound until Junction 3. Turn left at the roundabout and join the M271. At the end of the road, take the 1st exit on the roundabout to join the A33 Millbrook Road West. Move into the middle lane and continue over Redbridge Flyover. Once over, move into the inside lane. You will continue through a set of crossroads with traffic lights. After approx. 300 yards you will see a slip road for the Solent Business Centre, directly after the TA. Turn into this road, and carry along, past Sparshatts until you reach a blue building. The car park is through gates on your left at the side of the blue building.