Earlier this month, we held our Annual Safety Forum at the Ageas Bowl’s Hilton hotel. The event was attended by around 200 of our members and included award presentations and guest speakers.
The night was a big success, and as always, it was great to see so many of our member clients all together. Here’s everything you need to know about the event.
What is the Annual Safety Forum?
Every year, we hold our Annual Safety Forum event for our member clients. The event brings together a vast range of companies and organisations who subscribe to our health and safety Membership Service.
This year, we held the Forum in the impressive event space at the Hilton at the Ageas Bowl.
Health & Safety Excellence Award
One of the highlights of the night was the presentation of the Health & Safety Excellence Awards. This award is given to organisations that have achieved 100% in their Annual Safety Review.
There were a whopping 53 winners this year! Congratulations to all our winners – we look forward to helping you maintain safety excellence for another year.
We were lucky to host four guest speakers at the event who are experts in their respective fields.
This year’s guest speakers were:
- View HR on returning to work after a stress-related absence.
- Workplace Wellness on occupational health essentials.
- Warner Goodman on negligence claims for workplace stress.
- Hampshire Construction Training Association on helping companies to achieve.
As workplace mental health is continuing to rank higher on the agenda for many companies – and indeed is topical in the health and safety sector at the moment – we were pleased to have some of these talks focussed heavily on stress at work.
We’d like to thank all our guest speakers for such insightful talks, and we hope to hear more from you at future events.
HCS Safety speakers
In addition to our guest speakers, the event also featured talks from some of our own health and safety experts.
- Drew Underwood, our senior health & safety consultant spoke about HSE’s strategy.
- Health and safety advisor Jason Dance spoke about HSE enforcement action and the latest HSE statistics on injury and ill health.
- Health and safety consultant Karen Fanner shared findings from our Member Client Annual Reviews.
Join us next year
Our Annual Safety Forum is one of the highlights of our calendar. It’s great to see so many of our member clients in one room – and talk all things health and safety, of course.
The event is free to attend for our member clients. If you’d like to join us next year, we’d love to have you. You can find out more about becoming one of our member clients here.
To discuss your organisation’s health and safety requirements, get in touch with our friendly team.